[mythtv-users] Question on 8GB of RAM. Was: 32 bit or 64bit???

Francis Hartojo fhartojo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 03:29:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> I haven't been following this thread because I don't have 8GB of RAM, but I
> caught this email. I get time drifts running Ubuntu 8.04 32 bit, but I think
> it's from capturing closed captioning with the ivtv driver. I remember I had
> this problem a while back and turning it off fixed it for me. Just thought
> I'd throw that out there.

That's odd.  I've got 2 AMD 64-bit systems at home at the moment, one
running CentOS 5 and the other Mythbuntu/Ubuntu 8.10, and neither have
this drifting clock issue.  No other Linux systems I've had in the
past suffered from this problem either.  Sure, ntpd makes corrections
now and again, but that's its purpose in life.  I did have a problem
with the myth box's clock drifting, but I was reasonably sure it was
because I switched the server sources and forgot to zero out the
/var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift file.  Or, something similarly boneheaded like
that.

Which servers do you guys sync. with?  I usually use [012].pool.ntp.org.

--
Francis
echo "sunegbwb at tznvy.pbz" | tr '[a-z]' '[n-za-m]'