[mythtv-users] Mythtv removing individual capture card, was: HDHomerun problem timeout scanning channels -- no tables

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 21:00:45 UTC 2009

Dan Ritter wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 03:41:55PM -0500, Douglas E. Warner wrote:
>
>> On an unrelated note, is it possible to remove an individual capture card from
>> mythtv-setup?  I'm running mythtv-setup via an ssh tunnel, in case there's
>> something wierd w/ keymaps over an ssh tunnel.
>>

> Yes, but don't. Remove all cards, then restore the ones you
> want.
>
> -dsr-

Overall I'd say this method is complete non-intuitive.  Heck, the whole
mythtv-setup is rather non-intuitive.  I find myself using mythweb or
SQL directly to fix f-ups in the configuration, which just plain sucks.
Of particular frustration is using OTA *and* QAM simultaneously.
Setting up QAM is just so user-unfriendly that I have neglected to
reattempt setup since my last database cleanup.  I know I should shut
up, and just start adding a helping hand to the coding effort, if only I
could find the extra time....