[mythtv-users] ext4 vs XFS for mythbuntu

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Mon Jan 26 17:27:33 UTC 2009

>Yes it was. 2.6.27 probably. Given the apparent state of ext4, I'm
>surprised that even Fedora saw fit to release it without major warnings!

My understanding is that ext4 is available in the beta F11. However, F10-F8 require a command line argument to the install kernel (ext4) in order to allow for installation to an ext4 device.
This should mean it doesn't get to be on people's systems unless they know it is there (and hopefully then understand the reason why it isn't there by default).

A test system I did (for benchmarking) didn't have any problems. This was an F8 system.