[mythtv-users] hdpvr recording o byte files

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Sun Jan 25 22:20:28 UTC 2009

Eppo Eppleston <eppo120 at gmail.com>, said on Sun Jan 25, 2009 [05:08:55 PM]:
} On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Steve Heistand <steve at heistand.org> wrote:
}
} > Steve Heistand <steve at heistand.org>, said on Sun Jan 25, 2009 [01:57:04
} > PM]:
} > } } then it recored 213k of the next recording and stopped.
} > }
} > }
} > } is this one of the pre-new version with fan models that overheats?
} >
} > that should have been withOUT fan and is prone to overheating.
} >
} > i dont think it has a fan, but it doesnt seem hot, its a little warm. how
} can you tell if it has a fan?
} its revision D2.

D2 and most C2 models dont overheat. and do have a fan though it doesnt
really vent, just moves air around inside.

when this happens to me I get lots of backend messages:
2009-01-20 18:05:03.186 MPEGRec(/dev/video0) Error: Device error detected
2009-01-20 18:05:03.187 DevRdB(/dev/video0): Stop(): Not running.

if you dont see these then your problem may be unrelated to mine. :(

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org