[mythtv-users] Why doesn't 'delete recording' actually mean 'delete recording'?

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 17:56:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:29 AM,  <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are referring to a single number for the amount of space that will
> be freed up by auto-expired recordings, that doesn't make very much
> sense. In my case all of my recordings would eventually be removed,
> since I have everything set to auto-expire by default.

I want to know the amount of space that will be freed up by
auto-expired shows in the "deleted" group only.  Shows that have been
moved to the deleted group should not be listed in the same way as
other shows that are set to auto-expire.  Certainly the deleted group
shows already have a higher expiration priority.

Right now the deleted group is simply hidden from the user.  Which is
a good start but not enough.  That group should treated be separate
from regular recordings that also have auto-expire set.  The disk
space of the deleted group should be reported as free space.  Or maybe
call it "Available Space" (deleted group space + free disk space).

Right now my "Space Used" on mythweb is 1,395,926 MB.  But more then a
third of that is in the deleted group.