[mythtv-users] FCC wants to fine cable companies for analog to digital channel switching

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 03:51:42 UTC 2009

The FCC is investigating the big cable operators over the wide spread
practice of moving analog channels to digital tiers. They are looking into
issuing fines for the deceptive practice. Their main concern is that
customers are being forced to pay the same price for diminished analog
packages or having to pay more for the same channels with the digital
package. I know a lot of users on the list have been affected by this. I am
currently enjoying my analogue service and don't want to have to deal with
set top boxes or upgrade my hardware any sooner than I have to. The outgoing
FCC administration was listening to complaints on the matter. Hopefully the
new FCC administration will still be interested in addressing this problem.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20090120-fcc-wants-big-fines-for-cable-giants-over-channel-switching.html