[mythtv-users] Strange mythweb OT: Force Mythweb to mobile for iphone?

Jim Cuzella TrinitronX at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 02:08:03 UTC 2009

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2009, at 3:02 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>
>> Off Topic, is it possible to force mythweb to Mobile to view nicely
>> on the
>> iphone?
>
> You don't like the current mythweb on your iphone? I kind of like it. :)
> If you want a mobile view, you can certainly choose the mobile
> template. Go to Mythweb Settings for Mythweb and change your template
> for your current session.
>
> In other news, a new template is being made specifically for the iPod
> (just noticed in trunk) and from what I see, it's really pretty.
>
> -Brad
Brad,

How does this mythweb interface compare in your opinion to the MyMote
app?  I have experienced some issues with MyMote losing connection due
to my iPod Touch's auto-sleep feature.  Also, in my opinion, the
security holes introduced by changing to a default password & opening up
MySQL server to all IP connections are very risky, and ill-designed
(assuming I didn't miss something).  A short PIN number is NOT good
security, and easily brute forceable.

Are there any similar issues with mythweb (if set up correctly)?

Thanks,
- Jim C.