[mythtv-users] Wierd blur/corruption at the bottom when playing video

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 23:57:17 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/20 Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:
> I use it for my production (living room) machine, but my family understands
> that they should never expect to sit down and have it work correctly. Big
> things are changing quickly and it can be hard to keep up (Watch Recordings
> just changed over to the new UI including a workflow which made me re-train
> my family on how to navigate the page). Basically, I never recommend trunk
> to someone who might expect it to work well. We only use it to watch
> recordings and never use the plugins any more (we use Boxee for the rest of
> our media which has its own issues), so no idea what state they are in.

Great !

My wife is so use to me fiddling with the mythtv installation, that
I'm sure she won't mind too much... Just blame me and my quest of
getting perfect playback :)

One issue that has been bothering me a lot, is at least once a day,
the picture on the frontend will freeze , I must exit and go back in
watching liveTV...
No idea why ... I don't see any errors in the logs .. it just freezes.

> That being said, the current implementation of VDPAU is really nice. Most
> the deinterlacers aren't working correctly for me (The basic ones works),
> but I now have a beautiful full-color OSD (was white in the first
> implementation I tried) and I haven't seen any VDPAU-related errors in a
> while.

Do you know if temporal_spatial deinterlacing is implemented in mythtv ?

That's the feature I look the most forward to ..
I've never been fully satisfied with any of the deinterlacer in myth ...

Jean-Yves