[mythtv-users] Wierd blur/corruption at the bottom when playing video

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 23:22:17 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/20 Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:
> I played around with my setup for a bit trying to reproduce and have not
> been able to, yet. However, I'm running trunk and since I don't really
> follow the OpenGL stuff I don't know what may or may not have been improved
> from your version to mine.

I've been thinking of going back to svn trunk once again, mainly to
check how the VDPAU support is ; but it looked like the new menus were
far from finished..

Is trunk usable these days (it wasn't really last time I checked
around October)?

I now wonder if the issue mentioned earlier isn't due to some of the
OpenGL patches backported from mythtv-vid branch
(found there: http://www.btinternet.com/~mark_kendall/)

> It's been a long week. :)

Damn, lucky it's only Monday ! :P

> Sorry I couldn't get to the bottom of it for you. I gave it a shot. I wonder
> if your GPU is powerful enough to use the OpenGL renderer to upscale to
> 1920x1080. I gets lots of weirdness when I try to play my 1280x720
> recordings on a 1920x1080 display so I keep mine at 720p now.

I would have expected the 8600GT be fast enough...
Mind you, this issue only shows up when playing a divx file of very
poor resolution. Under this setup, I have no problem watching a H264
1920x1080p video ...
So I doubt it's the video card not being powerful enough...

Well, I have my work around for the time being ...