[mythtv-users] Script to check/fix Sky (UK) channel numbers

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Jan 19 09:12:39 UTC 2009

   As promised, here's an alpha of my script to sanitise Sky channel
numbers.  I didn't get a chance to revisit it over the W/E, but I did re-run
it to double-check the output.

   I'm not sure how practical it's going to be to get it to update the d/b
itself, as I can't see myself trusting it enough (at least until such time
as I/someone generates a definitive Sky#<->xmltvid list) [e.g., E4 is,
apparently, on a diff. channel for NI to the rest of the UK, but it's
difficult to cater for that from the digitialspy site].

   As it stands, edit the details at the top (to get d/b host/user/pass and
also [important!] the specific source_id for your Sky input.  Run it, and it
should print some SQL that, in principal, will fix mis-matched channel numbers.

   You probably want to go through ones you care about and check them
manually before fixing anything!  Also, it [currently] presumes that both
the channum AND freqid are the Sky number (as that's how I have it).  Also
not sure how well it'll work with the radio channels (4 digit with '0'
prefix) as they seem to be coming through too.

   Any thoughts or improvements welcome!

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature