[mythtv-users] Finally, my MythTV works

Igor Chudov igor at chudov.com
Mon Jan 19 06:35:47 UTC 2009

After much sweating and more, my MythTV finally works and I can view
shows from HDHomeRun. This is all that I can do so far.

Next, I hope to make it work with my Dish Network tuner. This Dish
Network tuner VIP612, is, in fact, a DVR and a Linux box in itself. I
opened it up, connected its hard drive to my PC, and saw several Linux
partitions and a bunch of files. But no matter, I want to own my data
and would prefer to make MythTV record stuff, if possible.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

The experience was gross in many ways and your help was invaluable.
The last thing I was stuck on was "Watch TV" link returning me back to
main menu. While I changed more than one thing between two tries, what
may have helped is defining storage directories as well as starting
channel.