[mythtv-users] 2.6.27 kernel disables sound from pvr 500

genius9976 at yahoo.com genius9976 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 23:39:14 UTC 2009

>Hello Scott,

>I'm not sure how much this helps. . . I am running ubuntu 8.10 with
>kernel 2.6.27-11 and my pvr-500 works fine.

Thanks Ryan; your reply made me think it's probably something unique to my setup. So I took out the other tuner card I have (a hauppauge HVR-1800) and now I get sound with the PVR-500 on my FC10 install.  Any idea what could be conflicting? I'm pretty sure the analog tuners for the HVR-1800 still aren't supported. Maybe something they added to get it on it's way to working is causing trouble? Is there some way I could prevent my box from loading the analog tuners from the hvr-1800 into /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 ? Maybe that would fix things?

-Scott