[mythtv-users] how to reset /dev/dvb/ contents

Nicholas Magers Nicholas.Magers at lands.nsw.gov.au
Fri Jan 16 00:01:41 UTC 2009

Good morning from Sydney,

I was trying to correct a separate issue but in so doing caused a new
one. I have a dvico dual digital 4 tuner and followed the instructions
at:

to get it to work. I think it is working correctly.

In that process I copied xc2028-27.fw to /lib/firmware.

I then also copied xc3028-dvico-au-01.fw into /lib/firmware as well.

As a result I now get an adapter0 and an adapter1 in /dev/dvb/

I have deleted xc3028-dvico-au-01.fw from /lib/firmware.

If I delete both adapter 0 and 1 directories but they are recreated on
reboot.

How can I just get the one I need to be created?

Thanks in advance.

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Department of  Lands. This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.