[mythtv-users] Very nice!!! New theme in the works...

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:56:05 UTC 2009

Oh, and in the interest of making things clear (and Mike's response is
right on) I won't be writing any 4:3 themes because all my screens are
a) 16:9, b) HD, and c) don't overscan.  So, my theme witll be HD,
widescreen, and won't respect overscan.  Most theme devs are also
working with 16:9 display devices.  We're all ultimately doing it to
have something *we* enjoy using, and if other people do too, then all
the better.  There's certainly nothing insidious about it-- if the
people willing to do the work want to write 16:9 themes (and it's not
a minor undertaking to convert one, it's basically a rewrite) then
16:9 themes are going to be what's available.

Robert