[mythtv-users] Guide selects worst tuner, remote selects best tuner---please help

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Jan 15 21:47:04 UTC 2009

>> Why is myth doing this? Why can't the guide change over to
>the same tuner as
>> the remote does when you just enter in the channel number
>and press ok?
>>
>> -Any ideas?
>> -Thanks
>> -Steve
>
>This is just a guess - do you have this setting turned on?
>
>Setup->TV Settings->General : Avoid conflicts between live TV and
>scheduled shows
>
>The description says, "If enabled, live TV will choose a tuner
>card that
>is less likely to have scheduled recordings rather than the best card
>available."
>
>This sounds like it would explain your situation, it that is
>indeed enabled.

Well, sometimes I just love linux. After a reboot one of my pvr-500 tuners
was gone, so I had to re-add it into myth. It had been changed from
/dev/video0 to /dev/video1 all on it's own so myth removed it (the second
tuner on the pvr-500 is /dev/video2 and my hd tuner was originally
/dev/video1 and now is /dev/video0). Once it was back in myth, myth is now
doing what I want it to do. Guess I'll never know the reason.

Just hope it doesn't crop up again.
-Thanks
-Steve