[mythtv-users] webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com -- 401 unauthorized

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 15 21:38:22 UTC 2009

On 01/15/2009 04:09 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2009, at 1:01 PM, Igor Chudov wrote:
>
>> I registered for a 7 day of Schedules Direct trial yesterday, hoping
>> to test this service out before paying to use it.
>>
>> I use MythTV on Ubuntu Intrepid.
>>
>> When running mythfilldatabase, I get a lot of errors such as this one:
>>
>> 2009-01-15 14:49:44.715 Grabbing listing data
>> --2009-01-15 14:49:44-- http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsd
>> ... tvdService
>> Resolving
>> webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com... 206.18.98.175
>> Connecting to
>> webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com|206.18.98.175|:80...
>> connected.
>> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
>> Reusing existing connection to
>> webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com:80.
>> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
>> Authorization failed.
>> 2009-01-15 14:49:44.972 Grab complete. Actual data from to (UTC)
>>
> This is supposed to happen. You're getting redirected to a "please
> sign in" type of page after your initial attempt fails. Then a second
> attempt is made and it works.

Shouldn't it be only one 401 followed by a 200?  I.e. the first 401 is
the request for credentials, then when good credentials are passed, we
get an OK response status.

Igor, please go into mythtv-setup, then go to Video Sources and verify
both the username and password (and make sure you have them exactly as
you type them when you log in to the Schedules Direct website).  It may
even make sense to simplify your password temporarily just to make sure
that you've got it right (or that some special character isn't causing
problems).  (If you find that a special character causes problems,
please report back to let us know which character it is--but I think we
now handle all the special characters properly.)

Mike