[mythtv-users] long delays responding to keystrokes and ir events

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 14 23:04:38 UTC 2009

On 01/14/2009 02:28 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
> I've just updated to 19626 and disabled gnome-screensaver.  I watched
> two hours of HD recordings and had no remote lag.  So far so good.
> I'll report back if it resurfaces.

Thanks for the feedback.  Out of curiosity, did you try running with
r19626 with gnome-screensaver enabled (you'll also need to restart the
frontend after restarting gnome-screenaver)?  Once past r19222, you
shouldn't see any lag--it only runs gnome-screensaver-command at most
once every 30 seconds.

If that's not the case, please let me know as it means that
gnome-screensaver-command is, er, not cooperating, and we need to do
something about it.

Thanks,
Mike