[mythtv-users] [OT] Study proves skipping commercials make TV less enjoyable

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 19:32:00 UTC 2009

I thought this study might be of interest to the MythTV community, since
commercial skippings is a big part of the MythTV.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20090114-dont-touch-the-dvr-commercials-help-us-enjoy-the-show-more.html

Apparently even though we all hate commercials, having them regular
interrupt our shows actually makes watching the shows a more enjoyable
experience. They did show that it doesn't need to be commercials, even
switching back and forth between two shows improves the enjoyment. Maybe it
is time we create a MythTV channel surfing simulator, that would switch back
and forth between a few different recordings. My wife would love that. ;-)