[mythtv-users] Very simple user guide for Myth?

Richard Thomas rich at dicksonlife.com
Wed Jan 14 18:40:29 UTC 2009

Gabe Rubin wrote:
> Just use MythWeb to do your scheduling.  If you can pull up a ssh
> session, you can pull up a browser.
>
> Personally, I find MythWeb much easier to schedule recordings than
> doing it on the tv, and will use MythWeb from my desktop even when I
> am in the same room as the tv.

Mythweb definitely rocks. I was using TivoWeb on my Tivo for a while as
well. Not quite as good for setting up recordings as mythweb but then
again, it was piggybacked onto the Tivo system.

I was thinking it might be possible to add a few simplified pages to
allow adding stuff over a mobile phone (I was at my mother-in-law's last
night and wanted to record something advertised coming on TV in 5
minutes but she was on the phone and only has dialup). I don't have a
dataplan and pay per MB so a cut-down interface would be the way to go.
It looks like the DB stuff is fairly straightforward so it shouldn't be
all that tricky.