[mythtv-users] Sky TV picture quality thru pvr350

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Jan 14 11:15:36 UTC 2009

Around about 13/01/09 18:31, Roy Lofthouse typed ...
> Just set this up via both RF and S-Video and the picture quality for
> both is very bad..

   I run the RGB scart output into an RGB-S-Video converter (~£80) and then
into the s-video of my 350, to try to get the best quality.

   I was initially horrified by the poor quality, but soon discovered that I
'just' needed to fine tune the R/G/B etc. input settings (I forget the
mythfrontend keys for that).

   Once I'd got it OK on one or two channels, I replicated it through the
SQL d/b for that input source, and use those nos. as a template for new
channels.

   I now get, I reckon, a better picture through Myth from my old Sky box
that my Mum does on her spanking new stand-alone Sky+ box!

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature