[mythtv-users] Record all Spanish language shows?

Vincent Jorrand vjorrand at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 21:11:05 UTC 2009

>> I don't know about in the UK, but in the US my schedules direct listings
>> have a category for Spanish movies and shows. So you could do a search
>> where category equals Spanish and that should work.
>
>Thanks for the pointers. I will need to wait until I spot something that
>is in Spanish to see what the terminology is used.
>
>Currently a search for "Spanish" in the Description field yield the
>following (none of which are actually in Spanish):
>
>       For Whom the Bell Tolls
>(1943)  Movie   Sam Woods' epic adaptation of Ernest Hemingway's classic
>story of the Spanish Civil War, starring Oscar nominees Gary Cooper and
>Ingrid Bergman.         4 - Channel 4   Fri Jan 16, 2009, 12:55 PM      2 hrs 30 mins
>I am not sure how it works on the frontend, I always use mythweb to schedule things. In mythweb you can do a search by clicking on "advanced" and >then choosing "category" matches "spanish". Or you can just use one of the canned searches like for movies. Then click on the category column and it >will sort all the movies by category. Then scroll down until you find all of the movies in the spanish category.

I was trying to record French language shows a little while back and could not find real solution. I am in the US and use SchedulesDirect, I ended up with a custom rule searching for recordings that are subtitled, and manually clicking do not record to remove the ones in languages other than French.
This is far from optimal, but I could not find any better solution.
Of course that would exclude any shows on an actual French (or in yourcase Spanish) language channel since they would not be subtitled.

Vincent