[mythtv-users] mythvodka compile problem

straurig at comcast.net straurig at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 18:15:57 UTC 2009

> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:13:45 -0500
> From: "George Galt" < george.galt at gmail.com >
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] mythvodka compile problem
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" < mythtv-users at mythtv.org >
>
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Scott Traurig < straurig at comcast.net > wrote:
> > I appreciate all the responses in this thread.
> >
> > I have boxee installed and fully integrated with myth menus and remote. Is
> > is *very* cool. It is also *very* alpha, i.e. a train-wreck much of the
> > time.
> >
> > In the meantime I thought I'd try some "vodka". To revisit my original
> > question (I have not contacted the author directly)...
> >
> > I checked for all the prerequisites and proceeded per
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythStreams
> >

> > The qmake step goes ok.
> >

> > When I try to make it I get this:
> >

> > mythtv:/home/oem/mythtv/mythplugins/mythvodka$ make
> >
> > cd mythvodka && make -f Makefile
> >
> > make[1]: Entering directory
> > '/home/oem/mythtv/mythplugins/mythvodka/mythvodka'
> >
> > make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/qt/3/mkspecs/linux-++/qmake.conf',
> > needed by `Makefile'. Stop.
> >
> > make[1]: Leaving directory
> > `/home/oem/mythtv/mythplugins/mythvodka/mythvodka'
> >
> > make: *** [sub-mythvodka] Error 2
> >

> > What did I do wrong/am I missing?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >

> > Scott
> >

> Scott:
>
> I believe Adam McCarthy above gave you a suggestion: are you on a
> system that uses QT4 and/or using MythTV trunk (which also uses QT4)?
> If the former, you are probably missing some QT3 development files (if
> you are on Fedora, try looking for a package like qt3-devel). If you
> are using MythTV trunk, it seems like this plugin is not yet
> compatible with QT4, so your option would be to update it.
>
> You will need to post more information about your system for people to
> truly help.
>
> Sorry,
>
> George

George,

Thanks for the reply. The discussion had gone in a direction I did not understand and I did not catch that guidance. In my original post I did mention that I was on 0.21 and not trunk so I'm still a QT3 configuration. I had also mentioned that I was running ubuntu 8.04 (hardy). Alas, I should have repeated that in this latest post. Myth builds OK so I wouldn't think I was missing any QT3 development files but I will browse through synaptic and take a look.

Thanks,

Scott