[mythtv-users] Getting started with compiling trunk

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 09:40:04 UTC 2009

> Basically, I'd like an overview type of thing ("1. Make sure you have
> <x,y,z> installed; 2. run configure with these options", etc.).
>
> Does this type of thing exist?  Most of the info I've seen is pretty
> basic and doesn't seem to reflect how to compile the trunk code as it
> exists at this minute.

./configure --help

to see the list of options

./configure <list of options>

until you see  that the features you want will be built, with (in my
case) lots of googling and trial and error to hunt down the missing
dependencies.

This thread

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/359752?search_string=%2Blocate%20%2Bmissing%20%2Bdependencies;#359752

contains a script from the wiki that might help in finding those
missing dependencies.

Good Luck.