[mythtv-users] Best atsc/qam/ntsc tuner for closed captions?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Jan 12 17:04:43 UTC 2009

>> I'd think that when tuning digital stations, which tuner card you're
>> using shouldn't be a factor, as it's pretty much passing through
>> exactly what it gets.  The decoder is really what has to recognize
>> them.

I just got an ATI HDTV Wonder from ebay for $25 shipped. It gets the
captions from the ATSC/QAM channels, but I'll have to check tonight to see
if it does from analog cable channels. It's by far the cheapest option
around that I could find.

I'll post back tonight and let you know if it works. It would definetly save
you some money vs the alternatives.
-Steve