[mythtv-users] AC3 audio problems

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sun Jan 11 21:15:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Matthew <m.mythtv at grojguys.com> wrote:
> On 1/11/2009 11:16 AM, Nick Rout wrote:
>> i am no expert but i believe this should be set to two (or stereo?)
>
> Agreed, it seems non-intuitive to me (and I've not yet found an
> explanation), but...
>
> max audio channels = 2
>
> ...is what what appears to work for digital passthrough.

Thanks, Nick and Matt.  When two people say the same thing, they're
probably right.

I went back and tried it again.  After changing max audio channels to
stereo and also changing the passthrough device from "default" to
IEC958 (the only other option) it started working.

I never would have guessed that in order to get 5.1 surround working I
would need to change from 5.1 to stereo.  It doesn't make any sense,
but it works.

Eric