[mythtv-users] Obama Recommends Delay in Digital TV Switch

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jan 9 23:33:24 UTC 2009

Jeff Walther wrote:

> Do you think they would be amenable to a call or email?  The thing I have
> not done, which seems kind of obvious is to contact them and ask, "Hey, is
> this problem at your end or my end?"

They would almost certainly welcome your input and questions. We
certainly always did, and in some cases we actually sent an engineer to
the home of people with reception problems.

Of course you want to immediately make it clear that you are a rational
and polite viewer. You wouldn't believe some of the "complaints" we
received, the usual ones being "why do you jack up the sound during
commercials?" (we didn't) or "why do you send all the signal to the rich
neighborhoods?" (obviously silly).

beww