[mythtv-users] Hulu Integration?

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 18:56:52 UTC 2009

> well, ran frontend using qt once, and opengl next from a terminal, and
> tried to start boxee both times.  both times it spit out a "X error of
> failed request:  GLXBadDrawable" which anywhere ive read means that
> effects are running.  but i have everything turned off.
>
> checked xorg conf, and found a "load glx", so I removed that, but still
> get the same error when starting boxee from myth.  i think ill try a
> different nvidia driver you think?

Have you made any progess on this? I have the exact same issue. Boxee and
mythtv run fine separately but when I launch boxee from the menu I get the
GLXBadDrawable error. I have tried the steps you seem to have tried. I used
both Qt and OpenGL painters. I explicitly disabled the composite extension
by adding 'Option  "Composite" "Disable"' disable to my xorg.conf file. I am
running in xfce on mythbuntu, so I am fairly certain that compiz was never
enabled anyway. Are there any other ideas about what might be causing the
conflict between mythtv and boxee.