[mythtv-users] video playback fails

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 08:49:16 UTC 2009

> On two computers I have the issue when I attempt to play a video I just get
> to kill mythfrontend.

<snip>

> [VO_XV] Sorry, Xv not supported by this X11 version/driver
> [VO_XV] ******** Try with  -vo x11  or  -vo sdl  *********

<snip>

> MPlayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: play_audio

It looks like you're using mplayer as your video player, and that you
have a duff command string for it (or that your video driver or X
setup isn't correct - but if you can play recordings OK that's
probably not the case).

Since the Internal player works pretty well, try going into media
player settings on the mythfrontend setup, and setting the default
player to "Internal" (without the quotes).

You may want to take a note of the original command, in case you want
to go back to it.

Good Luck