[mythtv-users] Transcoding is being done on frontends, not backend

Will will at bbis.us
Thu Jan 8 21:39:05 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a Master Backend, and several frontends.

Recently I set up a diskless machine with PXE boot for a mythtv
frontend. On another frontend, I went to the information page and saw
that transcoding was being done on "ubuntu".

For some reason, this diskless machine was doing the transcoding!

How can I restrict which computers transcode (or only have my master
backend transcode)?

This diskless machine does not have a tuner, and there is no reason it
should be transcoding. No other machine (including master backend) was
busy.

Thanks
--
Will Twomey