[mythtv-users] Sound problem, low voice

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 21:33:03 UTC 2009

> >> Sorry, didn't know I was hijacking another thread. Not my intension.
> >>

> > Are you top posting now ? ;-)
> >

> OMG.....I just can't seem to do anything right :)

Not your day?  Personally I think this top posting restriction is nuts.  If
Gmail didn't hide the quoted text it would drive me nuts.

Anyway, here is the deal on your recording.  You have the recording with a
digital AC3 sound track.  That has 5.1 channels.  You need to decode that
into 2 channels and from what you describe that you are decoding it into 5.1
channels and then just playing the L and R channels as the voice mostly
comes from the center channel.

So, run alsamixer and turn off the center, lfe, and surround channels.

That might help,

Allen