[mythtv-users] Death blow to DRm and the eventuality for the MPAA

Francesco Peeters (linux) francesco at fampeeters.com
Thu Jan 8 13:38:27 UTC 2009

> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Joe Borne <joe.borne at gmail.com
> <mailto:joe.borne at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     The thing that killed DRM was when the mp3 player became
>     ubiquitous and the idea of having a CD collection became well,
>     silly compared to using your PC/iPod. Right now we are seeing the
>     emergance of video into the same small footprint with the same
>     portability. When those small footprint devices with video
>     delivery capability become as common as the iPod is now, the DRM
>     on video media will suffer the same fate. People simply will not
>     tolerate restrictions on content they feel they have purchased and
>     have the right to view and use however they want.

Those devices are already here... They are called iPods...  ;-)

You can watch movies in reasonable quality on the iPod Touch and iPhone,
or on any RCA or Scart equipped screen with a dock-connector cable on
any recent iPod, including the nano's...

Or you can get one of those "iPod personal bigscreen TV" gadgets you
wear on your face...  :-D

--
Francesco Peeters
Ubuntu all the way!