[mythtv-users] Two issues with Myth

Matthew McClement mythtv at macker.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 12:20:00 UTC 2009

Paulin wrote:
> Doug,
>
> Sorry it's been a few days...haven't been playing with it much or
> looking for the problem.  Anyway I finally saw the problem happen and
> the message I found in the log file on the myth box was:
>
> Dec 14 23:33:03 ZombiesMyth kernel: [36205.600044] nfs: server
> 192.168.1.213 not responding, still trying
>
> Now the part that confuses me is every other computer seems to continue
> to work fine ( 2 windows laptops, 3 linux machines).  The NetGear
> ReadyNas doesn't seem to have a sleep or anything enabled.
>
> Do you have any ideas or areas to check.  Thanks

You're probably running into a client regression that popped up
somewhere between mid-2.6.26 and 2.6.27. The end of this thread suggests
that a patch has come out which fixes the issue:

http://markmail.org/message/6vwn4risaq5lc2jn#query:+page:1+mid:h27qj52g3ca2nz3b+state:results

But I'm not sure if/when it'll be backported. Unfortunately for now if
you've run into this bug you'll need to revert to either an older kernel
or switch to using CIFS as a temporary measure.

Matt