[mythtv-users] Myth fill database only fills one day of recordings

Quinten Steenhuis q.steenhuis at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 04:05:04 UTC 2009

> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new to MythTV. When I run Mythfilldatabase --update-all, it appears to
> > download 2 weeks of recordings, but when I return to MythFrontend, only 1
> > day of schedules is present. Any ideas as to where I should be looking to
> > fix this? I've tried turning on "automatically run mythfilldatabase", and
> > run the command manually several times.
> >
> Where are you? Which filldb thingy are you ultimatly running? Have you
> set up the correct xmltv IDs for the channels you're scanning?
>
> I'm using the uk_rt grabber and you need to specify not only the xmltv
> IDs it's to get the data for, but you also have to map these IDs to
> the channel, if you do the former but not the latter it'd probably
> download the data but not apply it to any channels.

For completeness sake if someone searches this later, yes, that was the problem. I'm using SchedulesDirect for US listings.

Apparently MythFillDatabase will correctly match the channel to XML ID when you use an analog lineup, but not for a digital one. Not sure if this is a bug in Schedules Direct or MythTV or neither, as it sounds like for other grabbers it is never done automatically? Definitely a bug in the documentation, as it simply says that it will be matched automatically for North American users. Resolved easily enough but took a lot of clicking. I missed the location of the problem at first because some of the digital channels had about a day of EIT schedule data.

My first try I tried doing it using phpMyAdmin but I forgot about the stupid short default timeout, so that was a wasted hour of typing. Ah, well.