[mythtv-users] Exporting recordings

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 01:17:37 UTC 2009

On 07/01/2009, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Am running SVN and want to export some recordings to xvid.  I have
>  been trying to use nuvexport.

Do you mean trunk?

>  All of the recordings are from OTA HD.  Some of them have been run
>  through a transcode job to mpeg 4.
>
>  When running nuv export it doesnt pull the aspect ratio.  They come
>  across as 4:3.  Can i force it to 16:9?

I'm not a nuvexport user but:

MPEG-4 and mplayer/mencoder do support embedding aspect ratio into the
video stream. However, few players will actually use this information
during playback. See

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/aspect.html

As it is possible that nuvexport is not embedding the AR in the stream
automatically, you might be able to force it to by placing the setting
in nuvexportrc. See:

http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Nuvexport#Nuvexportrc_File

for your chosen encoder (transcode/mencoder etc).

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: