[mythtv-users] prebuffering pause

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Wed Jan 7 12:51:06 UTC 2009

Mike Kurtz wrote:
> I finally got XvMC working. It cut CPU usage from 95-100% to roughly 50%, with interlacing on and everything. Playback now works perfectly.
>
> Sorry to run you around like that, George, but thanks so much for your help! I wouldn't have figured this out without it.
>
> Mike

[text from thread following top-posting deleted with great effort and
inconvenience ;-)]

Glad you got it working, although I am thinking that you should be able
to get perfect playback all the way up to 99% CPU usage.  If you only
get watchable playback at 50% usage, and it falls apart at say, 60% and
above, something is still not right with your setup.

You probably won't run into this unless you start to get interested in
something like the timestretch option, or start to watch MPEG4 material,
or just a higher bitrate of MPEG2 material.

But anyway, enjoy.