[mythtv-users] How to force interlace mode

mat mat at lessermatters.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 16:05:48 UTC 2009

Hi there folks,

I watch TV on my Acer Aspire One all the time now and it godamn rocks. The
only gripe I have is that due to the interlace mode I see a single blue
line at the top and bottom of the display. This dissapears if I change
video scan setting to progressive (or off progressive, I forget which one
- I change it basically). So:

Can I either:

a) Force interlace mode
or
b) change the colour of the 'background' from blue to black

Either solution would be just fine and dandy.

And to all who work on MythTV I would like to say THANK YOU! IT really is
an awesome piece of software - it recorded all my christmas TV whilst I
was away, leaving me with loads to watch when I got back - I don't know
how I lived without it (well, I guess I just didn't watch that much
TV...good thing or bad thing?)

cheers,

mat