[mythtv-users] long delays responding to keystrokes and ir events

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 15:41:22 UTC 2009

> Check mythbackend --version and in the Status menu of mythfrontend to
> ensure you are actually using the latest build.

I checked both of them already and they are on the right build.

> Try adding the CPU usage applet to the taskbar at the top, widen it
> out to 300 pixels or so and set to 1 second delay giving a 5 minute
> history.  Use Myth for a bit and exit and see what your CPU usage is
> doing - is it hitting 100% for these 20/30 seconds of no response?

Thanks for the tip. The behavior does feel like something is hogging the
system. But I wasn't sure of a good way of checking that. If something is
maxing out the CPU, is there someway for me to figure out what the specific
process is? I know I could sit and watch 'top' for a few hours waiting for
it to happen, but I would hope there was something easier than that.