[mythtv-users] Adding new 1 Terabyte Drive and Moving existing Recordings

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 14:26:19 UTC 2009

I'm adding a 1000GB drive to my existing 500GB.

Heh - this gets asked a lot :) However I'd just like to confirm I've got the
procedure right.

1.  The new drive will be formatted with XFS as my understanding is that XFS
is much better and quicker at handling large files - deletes no longer clog up
the system and I can turn slow deletes off.

2.  Also I will be moving all my existing recordings off the 500GB to the
1000GB drive. I believe I can just move the files and update the storage group
(Default) to point to the new drive. No need to update the DB apart from that.

The old 500GB drive will be used to store videos.

Thanks,

--
Lindsay Mathieson
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home