[mythtv-users] delete channels from listing with no data

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jan 6 04:38:02 UTC 2009

On Jan 5, 2009, at 8:27 PM, Dan Littlejohn wrote:

> Is there an easy sql command to delete channels from the database?
>
> Channels keep getting added to my schedules direct feed (new
> channels) and most of them are junk like music or pay per view so I
> disable them, but the channels don't disappear from the listings so
> there are all these entries that just show "NO DATA".

You have to uncheck them in schedules direct and delete them with
mythv-setup or mythweb's channel editor. If you do not want new
channels added into your database as they appear in schedules direct
you need to run mythfilldatabase with the --remove-new-channels option
- but it only works after you've deleted them from your database with
mythtv-setup or mythweb's channel editor.

Basically what happens in schedules direct gets information about new
channel and assumes you want them so they get automatically selected
and mythfilldatabase by default adds any new channels if finds. The
new option will ignore channels that are not already in the database,
but it will not remove channels that are already in the database.

-Brad