[mythtv-users] Myth UI Reaction Slow (trunk build)

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Tue Jan 6 03:51:54 UTC 2009

Hello All,
Well I finally took the leap and compiled trunk (rev 19580).  In compiling
it I used the VDPAU option and finally go HD playback of record video using
less then 9% CPU (use to be 100%).

This is only a prelimiary test but it's a start.

Anyway I now have a small issue that I'm not sure is cause by my build,
current state of things or another problem.

The UI Menu seems really slow when selecting something and moving into it.
 Watching the logs doesn't seem to show anything.  So I have a few
questions.

1. Is this caused by my compilation not optimising something?
2. Is this the current state of the new MythUI still being developed?
3. Is there a way to run the frontend to enable more UI logging (like -v
playback does)

Thanks for the ideas and help...Hopefully after some further playing I'll
have much more to report.

steve