[mythtv-users] Remote Up Down Left Right keys open Properties instead of browsing

Hans Houwaard hans at ginder.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 5 08:28:09 UTC 2009

Hallo and happy 2009 All,

I have the following annoying issue, for which I have been unable to find a
solution somewhere online. I have Mythtv setup with MythBuntu 8.04.1 and
Weekly fixes build. Lirc is configured correctly and functions, both with
irw and with MythTV. However, when I want to browse the Films gallery or the
schedule for television, the remote up down left right will make a browse
step correct once or twice. After that the buttons no longer cause the focus
to browse through the list, but the details OSD screen is displayed. Within
this screen I can browse down to the cancel option to close of the OSD. When
I want to browse again, the details OSD screen is displayed again. This is
very annoying and prevents me from browsing films or tv shows.

Using the up down left right keys from the keyboard always works as it
should however, I am able to browse for films or tv shows in this manner.
Anyone here that knows this error and that can help me out with this.

Hans
MythTV 0.21 fixes (MythBuntu 8.04.1 weekly builds)