[mythtv-users] Maplin twin tuner DVB-T USB Stick?

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Jan 4 20:12:03 UTC 2009

Ian Barton wrote:
>> Well I've managed to get it to work (I'm using kubuntu intrepid) - this
>> is how:
>>
>>    1. I Downloaded and extracted the source code for the af9015 driver
>>       from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015/archive/tip.tar.bz2
>>    2. I Downloaded the firmware from
>>       http://www.otit.fi/~crope/v4l-dvb/af9015/af9015_firmware_cutter/firmware_files/4.95.0/dvb-usb-af9015.fw
>>    3. I copied the firmware file to /lib/firmware/ and
>>       /lib/firmware/`uname -r`/ (I'm not sure which is actually used and
>>       the various instructions I found pointed to both locations).
>>    4. I changed into the af9015-93501ba684e4 directory and ran make then
>>       sudo make install
>>    5. I added dvb-usb-af9015 to /etc/modules
>>    6. I added options dvb-usb-af9015 dual_mode=1 to /etc/modprobe.d/options
>>    7. I rebooted and 2 new DVB devices were detected
>>
>> I was then able to run mythtv-setup and add the new tuners n the usual way.
>>

> Thanks for doing all the hard work:) I use Kubuntu too. I'll wander over
> to my local Maplins and get a tuner.
>
> Ian.

I got one of these to play with for Xmas :-). Have you had any success
using it in dual mode? I've found that if I don't enable dual mode it
work very well as soon as I enable dual mode the driver seems to crash
each time I use the second tuner which causes mythbackend to stop
responding.

Interested to hear of any success reports. Also anyone got the remote to
work yet?

Paul H.