[mythtv-users] Post transition frequency changes

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 22:00:54 UTC 2009

So as I'm sure everyone in the US is aware of by now, on Feb 17 we're
all digital. However, what I haven't seen publicized at all is what
we're supposed to do with DTV stations that are moving frequencies
post transition. I have about 4 DTV channels that are moving
frequencies in my market that I record from with the HDHomeRun.

I presume that I will need to rescan and hope I still get my channels
right? Or is there something built into the the ATSC spec that is
supposed to essentially do a HTTP 301 redirect telling my tuner where
to look for the new channel?