[mythtv-users] SPDIF Optical Out Sound Card

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 16:17:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Alan Smedley <sbse at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone can recommend a PCI Audio Card which has an optical
> SPDIF output which works with Mythtv.
>
> I currently have an Asus M3N78-VM motherboard which from my searches appears
> not to support optical SPDIF output.
>
> Regards,
> Alan

I was told by ASUS that all their motherboards have spdif connectors
on them.  Mine has a spdif on the rear panel but I took the internal
one, like the one yours should have, and signal shifted it and took it
to a connector on the rear panel. I needed two.  I think you can buy
these from ASUS but I made it from parts lying around.  It took 2
resistors, a capacitor, an RCA connector, and a blank cover plate for
a pci slot.

Allen

         100nF
  TTL ----||-----330ohm-- --------- coax S/PDIF signal out