[mythtv-users] Experience Installing Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 card

Larry on the Dell Laptop larry at foxgulch.com
Sat Feb 28 15:07:04 UTC 2009

stefan_jones at comcast.net wrote:
> You nailed it w/o opening your case. The "1183" is what I was interested in.
>
> This sub-model number varies with the actual board and the accessories (namely, the remote) that it comes with.
>
> Thanks again for the detailed write-up .

Thanks.  Unfortunately,  I wasn't able to get the WinTV HVR-1600 kit
blaster  and mce usb remote working using the MCC configuration utility
where in I selected REMOTE="Windows Media Center Remotes (new version
Philips et al" and TRANSMITTER="Microsoft Windows Media Center V2 (usb)
: Dish Receiver"  When and if I get it working, I'll post here.  At this
time,  no output from IRW after a sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart.

Larry