[mythtv-users] MythBox for XBMC - Beta Release 1

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Sat Feb 28 05:03:22 UTC 2009

On 28/02/09 2:30 AM, "sp" <analogue at yahoo.com> wrote:

> hello all,
>
> Just wanted to announce the availability of a new MythTV frontend that runs
> under XBMC.
>
> http://mythbox.googlecode.com
>
> Features
>     * Watch recordings with commercial skipping
>     * Watch Live TV
>     * Schedule recordings  (create + edit)
>     * TV Guide
>     * Upcoming Recordings
>     * Supports MythTV 0.21 and 0.22
>
> Platforms
>     * Linux
>     * Mac
>     * Windows
>
> Feedback, suggestions, etc appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> sp
Tried this in my struggle to get Myth happening under XBMC but found it
doesn't play nice with remote backends. The "recordings location" needs to
be local which would mean having to setup NFS or Samba mounts. Also found
that it does not support multiple storage directories.

And another piece of feedback is that I found it slow when running on an AMD
Athlon 2600+ Barton/1GB Mem with Myth installed locally under XBMC 8.10
(when I was testing).

Looks to have good potential but not ready for prime time just yet.

Cheers
Bruce