[mythtv-users] DVI to TV..

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Fri Feb 27 19:58:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 14:46 -0500, A JM wrote:
> One other question - are you running just your TV or a monitor and TV
> and if the later is there anything additional needed?

I have two nvidia based systems connected to TV by DVI/HDMI. Neither one
of them has any other display device connected. I am running Mythbuntu
8.10 on both with the 180.29 drivers. One the newer TV (it is a 1080P
LCD) I have no mode lines. When it was hooked to the old TV by SVideo I
had the config option to force svideo output. The other system is
connected to an older projection TV. The TV will support 1080i input,
but 720p video looks poor. I have a modeline for 720p and have it forced
to only that resolution.

Thanks,
James