[mythtv-users] What is temporal spatial deinterlacing, and how do I get it?

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:21:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> jarpublic at gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm surprised however that the 8400gs could do Advanced 2X ; last time I
>>> tried it wasn't fast enough. Though 180.35 is suposed to improve things
>>> with
>>> low-end GPU ...
>>> so that's a good news
>>>

>> I am only doing SD.
>
> With SD content into a TV that has good deinterlacers, I think the best
> option is still to drive the TV using an SD mode line, either via
> S-Video, or via a VGA to Scart convertor (if the TV has Scart),
> use no deinterlacer at all, and put up with the interlaces getting
> out of sync sometimes.

That is what I thought. I have an SDTV that has component inputs. I
have been driving it with the HD480i mode. I didn't see an interlacing
artifacts, and have been happy with my set up. I just figured I would
try out the VDPAU because I had a card that could do it and I was
curious to see if it would work for when I get an HD set. But when I
turned on VDPAU with the Advanced 2x deinterlacer, I was absolutely
amazed. I have never seen a recording from my pvr-150 look so good. It
was incredible the difference it made. The bump in quality was far
superior to any setting I had previously used from no interlacing all
the way up to yadiff 2x.