[mythtv-users] What is temporal spatial deinterlacing, and how do I get it?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 00:34:53 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/27 <jarpublic at gmail.com>

> I thought that the opengl renderer wouldn't work in .21 because of
> some bug in the nvidia drivers. I still get the problem where things
> work fine for the first video I play but subsequent videos will just

have a black screen when I use the opengl renderer. Do those patches
> make it so that you can use the opengl renderer or do the newer

This is an issue that Mark's opengl patches fix : it forces to use OpenGL
1.2... The bug occur when you use OpenGL 1.3

This is discussed in this thread:

beta
> nvidia drivers address this issue? Also is there any quality
> improvement by using opengl or is it just a matter of offloading
> computation but yielding the same result?

the new opengl hardware accelerated deinterlacers are much better than those
that comes with the default 0.21.

Those OpenGL fixes have been merged with trunk BTW in December 08