[mythtv-users] It's almost here: The Acer hornet ION-based FE

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Thu Feb 26 22:41:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 16:20 -0500, Matt Emmott wrote:
> Details are still sketchy but it appears that Acer has an upcoming
> "Nettop" called a Hornet that it will soon release to the public.
> Here's what the article lists for features:
>
> * Atom CPU with Nvidia GPU, aka the ION platform
> * Can be VESA-mounted to an LCD or TV
> * HDMI
> * Wiimote-style controller
> * "silent"
> * "A couple hundred dollars" - Hooray!!
>
> That's all we know for now. Articles at
> http://www.slashgear.com/acer-hornet-nvidia-ion-nettop-leaks-2635820/
> and
> http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/26/acers-ion-based-hornet-nettop-leaked-in-presentation-slides/

I am jut terribly bothered by the vocabulary used, very non-marketing
speak... I should know, I'm doing marketing.

The whole thing, from wording to the box sticking above the monitor
doesn't say "made by the marketing group of a large corporation like
Acer".

And I guess that the picture from a Nintendo Wii ad is not helping
either.

I would put my money on "Fake".

It's just a bet, and I can lose it...

Nico